CWA in Tasmania began in 1936 and is going strong!! We would love to have you join us!!
The CWA is a self-funded volunteer philanthropic organisation with a focus on friendship, personal development and advocacy. The Association encourages advocating on: community issues; sustainable development and the protection of the environment; and social issues.
The CWA also encourages supporting community and taking an interest in the workings of government at all levels. It awards educational grants and scholarships.Our Association benefits you and your community. We are part of the largest voluntary women’s organisation in Australia and affiliated with the Associated Country Women of the World.
CWA advocates for women and communities in Tasmania on a wide variety of issues and we are involved in critical national and global issues too.
And yes we do also make arts/craft and delicious jam just like we always have!!
But we are more interested in what YOU could gain from Actively involvement with CWA!
- LOCALLY CWA products a newsletter called News & Views. We have a great relationship with Tas Country which regularly publishes articles for us.
- Monthly meetings or excursions.
- Fund Raising Cause –Missiondale – working to improve the lives of those affected by Ice and other harmful substances -we raise awareness and Funds by holding CWA sponsored events.
- Health topic – we are studying this syndrome – well known to serious craftspeople – Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a syndrome with pain or stiffness, usually in the neck, shoulders, upper arms, and hips, but which may occur all over the body. The pain can be very sudden, or can occur gradually over a period.
- Country of study – each year we study another country – usually one which has members of the Associated Country Women’ of the world. This year our country is PAPUA NEW GUINEA – this special divervse land of many people and cultures. We have the opportunity to learn more as we prepare to travel to Papua New Guinea for the 2020 South Pacific Area conference.
- and its many uses . Join us to learn about our primary product of the year . There was great excitment about our cooking with HEMP at the Hemp and Health ExpoAbove all – CWA is Working to improve the lives of Women and children. – The future depends on what we do today.!
- National: – As a state body, CWA forms part of the Country Women’s Association of Australia -a strong unified voice for all.
- National conference , August 28 to 31st, Canberra, Australia
- Resolutions, Workshops, Debate and relationship building.
With a presence in over 70 countries in the world – ACWW is divided into several areas. We are in the South Pacific area.
- Member exchange program between Australia and USA.
ACWW Triennial World Conference April 3-10, 2019
Hosted by the Country Women’s Association of Victoria Inc.
The resolutions and Recommendations from the World Conference are issues member societies around the world are encouraged to work to improve in their own community. Reporting back via their society, and area and to the World board. Projects are funded by ACWW as a result of member societies requesting assistance.
The resolutions debated at world conference – begin in your local meeting and your concerns can be carried to and acted upon by a global army of women.
RESOLUTIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS
From the ACWW World Conference 2016
Civil Soc. & Gender
WOMEN IN REFUGEE CAMPS AND SHELTERS
Be it resolved that ACWW and its member organisations urge their governments to take action to stop the increasing worldwide sexual abuse of women and children in refugee camps and shelters.
South Pacific Triennial Conference 2020